How to update a theme manually
In the case you have an older version of any of our themes without automatic updates, you can follow the next steps to update your theme to the latest version:
- For this method you should first install Theme Upgrades Tool plugin.
- Unzip the file you just downloaded from ThemeForest and locate the WordPress Theme. (eg. wp-breek.zip)
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on “Appearance > Themes”.
- Still within the Themes section, on header tab, click on “Install Themes”, then on header second tab click "Upload".
- Click “Browse…” and locate the new theme file. (eg. wp-breek.zip)
- In the “Upgrade existing theme?” option choose “Yes” from the dropdown list.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Click “Activate”.
You should see the theme was activated correctly and you can download a backup of your old theme in case you need it: