There are multiple ways to translate a theme but there are 2 recommended methods to translate any theme:
1.- Installing Loco translate plugin (the easy way).
2.- With Poedit, in that case you must follow the next steps:
- Download Poedit https://poedit.net/
- Click file and create from POT
- Inside reco/languages you will find reco.pot:
- Select a language:
- Fill the translation box of every string:
- Click save and change the name with the Wordpress locale code: https://wpastra.com/docs/complete-list-wordpress-locale-codes/ in this case is fr_FR.po
Your file should look like this:
Finally upload that file into your reco/languages folder, it is highly recommendable to create of backup of your new language. Whenever you update the theme there is a risk to loose your .mo and .po files.